Home / Immigration Practice Areas / Nonimmigrant Visas

Proven Success in Securing Nonimmigrant Visas for Foreign Nationals

 We proudly represent people wishing to enter the country on a temporary basis

Each year, hundreds of thousands of international visitors come to the United States as tourists, students, investors, trade partners or guest workers. These individuals do not intend to immigrate but still face bureaucratic challenges due to statutory limitations on the number of legal entrants from their home country and the amount of time they can legally stay in the United States. Long-time Attorney Ludovico Aprigliano is uniquely equipped to assist businesses and individuals hoping to facilitate visa applications for nonimmigrant visitors to the United States. If you wish to stay here temporarily for work, school, or another reason, we will assist you in securing the relevant visa to do so.

Our Firm competently assists with a range of temporary visas

At the Law Offices of Ludovico Aprigliano, I draw on my knowledge of current immigration laws to help clients secure numerous types of nonimmigrant visas, including:

  • B-1 Business Visitors
  • B-2 Tourists
  • E-1 Treaty Traders
  • E-2 Treaty Investors
  • F-1 Student Visas (and Practical Training)
  • H-1B Specialty Occupation – Degreed Professionals
  • H-2B Essential Skill Workers
  • H-3 Trainees
  • I-1 Foreign Media Representatives
  • J-1 Exchange Visitors
  • K-1 Fiancés/Fiancées of U.S. Citizens
  • K-3 Spouses of U.S. Citizens
  • L-1 Intracompany Transferees
  • O-1 Extraordinary Ability Individuals
  • P-1 Athletes and Entertainers
  • P-2 Reciprocal Exchange Artists and Entertainers
  • P-3 Culturally Unique Artists and Entertainers
  • Q-1 Cultural Exchange Visitors
  • R-1 Religious Workers
  • TN NAFTA Professionals

Generally, those seeking a B-1 or B-2 visa apply for them in their native country at a U.S. consulate or embassy. Those who wish to enter the United States to study or work require certain authorization and documentation before they can apply for a nonimmigrant visa. I provide effective representation to all clients, allowing businesses to hire talented international employees, students to attend American universities, and important cultural exchanges to go forward.

F-1 OPT, STEM OPT, and CPT programs allow students to extend their stay past graduation and work while in school

Curricular Practical Training allows students to engage in part-time or full-time work while they are still in school.  Post completion Optional Practical Training allows students who have completed their degree programs to stay in the United States to work in their fields for one year (OPT – Bachelor’s), and for two additional years (STEM OPT – for those with degrees in science, technology, engineering or mathematics). An applicant may apply up to 90 days in advance of start date of employment as long as employment starts after the academic year has been completed. Careful consideration of applicable time frames and limitations is required in this area of the law.  I have helped many F-1 OPT workers extend their stays further by petitioning for H1-B visas.

H-1B visas allow professionals to work in the United States

One of the ways the United States tries to remain competitive in the global marketplace is by allowing talented professionals in specialty occupations to work here. Whether you are a recent graduate hoping to remain in the country, a domestic business looking to hire qualified foreign professionals, or a skilled foreign worker in a desired field of expertise, I can help with the documentation necessary to start your application and then guide you through the entire process.

Assistance for foreign companies expanding into the United States

Visas are available that encourage foreign companies to open subsidiaries and branches in the United States and foreign entrepreneurs to initiate startups. I can facilitate your efforts to relocate your valued foreign personnel and establish your company within U.S. borders.

Contact our law firm for your nonimmigrant visa needs

Whatever your particular circumstances, the Law Offices of Ludovico Aprigliano can deliver reliable legal assistance with nonimmigrant visas. Call our office at 973-292-3900 or contact us online to arrange your in-person, video, or telephonic consultation.  Our office is conveniently located at 84 Washington Street in beautiful and historical Morristown, New Jersey.


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form